Name of Regions shall be _____________ of Patterned Speed Horse Association.
PURPOSES OF REGIONS:
†It shall be the purpose of ___________ Region to join together, in common bond, the individuals throughout the Region interested in Patterned Speed Horse Association Competition; and
2. To make adequate and fair rules governing Region competitions, guided by the Bylaws, regulations and rules of the Patterned Speed Horse Association.
3. To adjudicate questions of Region violations of the rules and to inflict penalties therefore in accordance with the rules of the Region (or the Region Executive Board may call the PSHA President for help).
4. To maintain proper Region records in connection with Region awards and coordination with PSHA records.
5. To approve event dates for Region approval of all PSHA shows within the Region boundaries.
6. To promote and publicize the operation, activities and awards of the Region.
Membership in Regions shall be established by membership in PSHA, and members shall be affiliated with only one Region. Any member belonging either through a club or a Non-Club Member and listed by PSHA as a member of __________ Region shall be eligible for Region Awards, providing the Region requirements have been met.
BOUNDARIES OF REGIONS
(Refer to PSHA Rule Book for all boundaries)
The State of Washington is divided into geographical areas called Regions. The geographical boundaries of this Region are as follows:†††††
The Region officers shall make up the Executive Board of each Region.
1. There shall be at least two (2) elected officers, President and Vice-President.
2. The Secretary and Treasurer may be appointed by the President of the Region. The President can not be the Treasurer.
Section 1†††††††† Region President - The duties of the Region President †††† shall be:
1. To preside at all Region meetings and the meetings of the Region Executive Board.
2. To appoint, with the approval of the Region Executive Board, all officers who are not elected and all committee chairmen who may be necessary and to be an ex-officio member all committees.
3. To sign, as President, all contracts and other instruments in writing, including evidences of indebtedness, which have been approved by the Region Executive Board.
4. To call such meetings as needed with a minimum of one each year.
5. To see that the Patterned Speed Horse Association Bylaws and Region Standing Rules and regulations as may be adopted by the members of the Region are properly enforced.
6. To supervise generally the affairs of the Region.
7. To report to the members at the Region meetings the activities and general progress of the Region.
8. To attend all PSHA Board of Directors meetings as the Director from the Region. If the Region President is unable to attend, the Vice President should be notified, and attend as the Region Director. If both the Region President and Vice President are unable to attend the PSHA Board of Directors meeting, the Region President may call the PSHA President and get permission to have a Region alternative attend as a Director for that meeting. The duties of the Director to State shall be to represent the Region at PSHA Board of Directors meetings. To report back to the Region at the first meeting after PSHA Board of Directors Meeting the business conducted.
9. To verify that the yearly financial statement is sent to the PSHA Treasurer.
Section 2†††††††† Region Vice President - The duties of the Vice-President shall be to perform the duties of the President in his/her absence or in his/her inability to serve.
SPONSOR OF SHOWS AND RIDING ACTIVITIES
The Region may approve, but shall not sponsor any show or activity where money and liability are involved. If something is done for the benefit of the Region, such as a Region Benefit Show, or any fund raising activity, it must be sponsored by a club or individuals.
REGION RELATED PROBLEMS
If at any time a Region cannot resolve a Region related problem, the Region President may take it to the Region Executive Board for discussion. If the problem cannot be resolved with the help of the Region Executive Board, it may be referred to the PSHA President for resolution.
REGION STANDING RULES
††††††††††† Each Region may have additional Standing rules peculiar to their particular Region. Each Regionís completed Standing Rules and Amendments must be sent to the State PSHA Office.